Monday, January 12, 2009

Everyday is Show and Tell


After my last post about my messy studio, I felt that a change was needed. Just seeing the photos of my space and knowing that they were in cyberspace for all to see gave me the motivation that I've needed for so long. Changes have been taking place in the studio and I promise to report back when I'm finished.

I will tell you now that I put a display case in my studio. I've been wanting to do this for years, but have never found the right case for the right price. Yesterday, my mom and I went to IKEA and looked around. Right in the middle of the third floor, was the KLINGSBO glass-door cabinet. It was cute, perfectly sized and affordable at $129.

I picked it up (along with a hot-pink task chair) and headed for home. My husband assembled it the next night as we watched Terminator 2. Then, I loaded it with my favorite jewelry items. I think it makes the perfect addition to my space and creates more of a professional studio-store atmosphere. Now I just need to get the kids to stop leaving toys in there!

15 comments:

Jeanne said...

It looks great. I need some furniture for displaying product, IKEA could be a great place to go for that.

Jeanne said...

You inspired me to quickly update my blog. Check it out. Good Night!

Jeanne said...

P.S. My blog (inspired by you!) is www.jeanneselep.blogspot.com. How do I follow your blog? I haven't figured that out yet.

BlueTerracotta said...

It looks very professional. Your organization is very inspiring!

Kim Caro said...

that is lovely :)

Willow's World & Willow's Wool said...

it looks amazing..........ikea here i come!

Unknown said...

That looks amazing and, for some reason, the pink give it a vintage feel.

I like!

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Looks great! I love how you have splashed the table with pink! Perfect touch.

Beth said...

It looks wonderful! What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

That looks great - it's amazing what a tidy work space does for creativity

Unknown said...

Inspiration for me to get hustling and clean it up. Thanks

My Inspired Reality said...

I love the furniture and IKEA is always a favorite of mine:)

Creative Minds said...

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! What a fantastic idea. You are awesome, Brook!

Luli Designs said...

Wow, your display looks amazing! I love the contrast of the pink and black. Very inspiring :) Thanks for sharing.