Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mama's Messy Studio

Welcome to the very messy studio of Mama Mayborne Designs. Actually, I am posting this blog, complete with very honest photos, to show you all the current state of my work space. I have no idea how it got this bad... but it's bad!

Just so you know, I'm not quite a neat-freak but I am pretty close. But when it comes to my studio, I like a little bit of disorder because it makes me think that I've been soooo busy making money (yeah right!!) that I have no time to clean.

But things have gotten so bad that I cannot find the sales tax forms (that might be a subliminal act to avoid that dreaded task) or my barely-been-used-lately cash box.

Now I am asking for this blog's millions of followers (yeah right again!!) to hold me accountable for getting my workspace back into a productive, orderly state. And give me a few weeks (at least) to post the results!


13 comments:

BlueTerracotta said...

Nice workspace!! You're right,it is a bit messy, but messy is good for working. Can't wait to see it tidied up though, it looks spacious and bright!

Mama Mayborne... said...

Thanks Blue Terracotta! I'm working on it at a slooooow pace.

jewelstreet said...

I thought mine was bad, but I still think mine might be slightly worse than yours. And, you almost scared me to death when you said sales tax forms as I haven't done mine for last quarter yet. Then I remembered I still have like two weeks more.

Anna K. said...

You have such a great workspace!!

I work at my counter and then have to store it all under my bed at the end of the day!

Kim Caro said...

hey if you can walk its not that bad...but i know how it is i cant stand mess on tables or anything unorganized.

Beth said...

It is a great workspace. I bet you have just been so busy working all those late nights getting out orders that you haven't had time to clean it up.

:)

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I am glad I am not the only one. You are not alone.

Mama Mayborne... said...

Thanks everyone! You all really make me feel like getting busy cleaning!

Jeanne said...

Brooke, how it happened is that Christmas break happened, the kids were home more, the spouse was home more, vistors came and left, presents were made and wrapped and delivered and received, extra decorations have displaced things... I am also digging myself out because I took down the tree while the kids were still home. Monday was such a happy day for me - The kids were gone for 6+ hours and I cleared the floor of toys in entire rooms.

Mama Mayborne... said...

Thanks Jeanne... I forgot all about that stuff!

beautifulpirate said...

That's alright if it's messy. Atleast you have a work space. We live in a quaint and small apartment so that my workspace is wherever I can find space at the time. Lol

Audrey said...

your work space looks pretty neat actually - mine is in worse shape right now. I Need to do some spring cleaning!!

Alice Potter said...

I wish I had space like this!