Friday, March 14, 2008

Have We Been Hit by the Plague?

I am soooo glad to be back at the keyboard!! It gives me a sense of slow victory and relief from the "germ warfare" that has been attacking my household over the past two weeks. Ailments of every kind first took over the health of my two boys, causing chaos and confusion... to the point of missing school (yikes!). Even I was taken prisoner and brought down from my top post, leaving hubby to fend for the family and dispense lots of medicine, fetch a ton of Kleenex and empty several yucky pails! Yes, the germ soldiers fought hard and dirty, but we fought harder and were dirtier... and survived!

I tell you all of this not just to gain sympathy, but to let you know why I haven't written in a little while. And now that I'm back, I do not know where to begin. I did manage to make it to my metalsmithing workshop the last two Wednesdays. I've been working on making several sterling silver ring bands to sell at upcoming shows. I like them... they're simple but with a flair, just like me! So far, I've made 15 of them in various sizes to sell for about $15 as a show special. I hope to be able to make another dozen before early April.

3 comments:

artsyclay said...

Hi from Etsy, Glad you're all feeling better. Your work is beautiful!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Great rings! Actually, everything's lovely! Thanks for dropping by and posting on my blog today! Nice to meet you ;P

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all feeling better; I love those rings.