Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Productive Than Planned

In yesterday's blog entry, I mentioned that a late night for me ends at about 10pm. However, last night (for some strange reason) I got a second wind and worked until 12:30am. I popped a DVD in the computer (it was "Beauty Shop" with Queen Latifah, which I recommend as a cute flick) and worked on creating some silver components for my Spring 2008 Collection. This is the first time that I'm looking at the design process as creating a group of similar, interrelated items. So for this spring I've been working on a new body of work called "Graphic" that features mesh textured silver components like in this piece http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8629230. My goal is to debut these items at the upcoming Wearable Art Show in Cedarburg, WI in April 2008. So far I have 3 necklaces, 2 bracelets, 2 pendants and several earrings. My goal is to have 10 production pieces (that could be made several times) and 5 one-of-kinds. We'll see how it goes...

Not only did I stay up late working, but when I finally got to bed it took me another hour to actually fall asleep. My mind was racing with design ideas and to-do items... why does that always happen?! Then I had to get up early because my cat, Foster, thought it was time for a little mishchief -- and to torture me!

I rolled out of the bed, kissed the boys and got back to work. I got some more components ready for the next step. By the way, for those of you who don't know... there are sooo many steps to creating even the most simplest-looking, handcrafted jewelry items. So show your jewelry designer (me) a little love!

I also spent quite a bit of time researching international shipping and am now happy to say that MAMA MAYBORNE DESIGNS is now a global operation, shipping world-wide. Actually, I'm still waiting for an order to come from outside the US... but when it happens... I'm ready! Check out the low shipping rates in my shop at http://www.mamamaybornedesigns.etsy.com/.

Thanks for your time!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Those earrings are stunning! Sometimes those late night sessions are the most productive.