Not quite sure why, but it is. I feel like I've made a lot of progress with my work and business lately. I've designed my spring collection and have the majority of the designs fabricated. I've recently given my brand a face lift. I've set up this blog, an online photo catalogue and an online store. Heck, I've even made a few sales this month which is very unusual for January.
I get very excited after putting several hours into designing, fabricating and promoting my work (especially when it turns out the way I wanted). But then there is the inevitable lull when waiting for an opportunity to show it off or when the non-creative side of business comes a-calling.
Right now that side of business is calling loudly and I feel like I must force myself to pay last quarter's sales taxes (bummer!), clean my studio (pointless!), file papers (yuck!), order supplies (boring!), etc.
Does anyone else feel this way about the mundane side of creativity?? I know I'm not alone here... but here's what I'm going to do about it:
- turn my music up loud and throw my own little "get-this-junk-done" party.
- eat chocolate until it hurts!
- bribe myself to get motivated with a promise of retail therapy.
- think about not having to do it again for a while (or at least a day).
- thank God that I've had sales that gave me taxes to pay, a studio of my own to clean, important papers to file, and enough money to order supplies that I need!
Wow, feeling better already!!!